The Teachings of Kobo Daishi are universal and can be experienced
by all of humanity. Our sincere desire is to make these traditional
teachings available to English speaking students.
Our vision for Koyasan Shingon Tenchi-ji is:
- To establish a place where people, who respect the Lifeforce of
the Universe, can learn and share the sacred aspects of the Dharma
Teachings (especially those of Kobo Daishi), without judgement,
recognize that all paths are equal and assist sentient life to
awaken the Buddhahood that dwells in their heart. In Shingon Buddhism
our true nature is fully enlightened as a Buddha and we simply
strive to realize this nature through awakening our skills.
- To protect and preserve the Teachings of the Dharma as embodied
in the Sutras and the writings of Kobo Daishi and other great
- To recognize the value of the different political nations of the
world as a reflection of local culture - praying for their peace
and stability and the stability of the world itself. To pray that
the rulers of all nations rule wisely. The Buddha has said that
the first step to rule wisely is to protect the Buddha Fruit and
the Ten Stages of Development.
- To be an authorized temple to transmit the teachings, rituals
and procedures of Koyasan Shingon Buddhism.
- To create a university, as a part of the temple, that will train
priests in aspects that will assist in their Awakening and ability
to handle day to day life.
- To translate the sacred rituals, procedures and oral commentaries
into English so that they will be available for future generations.
- To hold a vision that these Dharma teachings will be available
for over two thousand years.